[Debian-eeepc-devel] [SCM] Maintenance of eeepc-acpi-scripts debian package branch, master, updated. db56a3bc8a47819398ae7ae768722932aa9aea75

Damyan Ivanov dmn at debian.org
Sun Aug 31 20:03:45 UTC 2008

-=| Iván Sánchez Ortega, Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 02:43:56PM +0200 |=-
> El Domingo, 31 de Agosto de 2008, Damyan Ivanov escribió:
> > +bluetooth_is_on()
> > +{
> > +    if [ -e $BT_CTL ]; then
> > +        [ $( cat $BT_CTL ) = "1" ]
> > +    else
> > +        hcitool dev | grep -q hci0
> > +    fi
> > +}
>
> This will return "bluetooth on" for models which do not have a bluetooth
> adaptor soldered to the board (e.g. 900). I suggest doing "hcitool -dev |
> grep hci0", which really tests if a bluetooth adaptor is present, IIRC.

Iván, can you elaborate a bit?

Why would it return true for models without bluetooth?
  - is it because the bluetooth control file returns 1?
  - or, hcitool outputs something containing hci0?

I also don't quite understand your suggestion. "hcitool -dev" fails
here complaining about unknown uption "-d".

Note also that this code is used only in the handler of the fourth
additional key between the main keyboard and the screen. It should
cause no harm unless this key is pressed, requestion toggling of
bluetooth. Do models without bluetooth have this key? What icon does
it have on it?

Lastly, I did the implementation to first check whether the bluetooth
is enabled in the control file, as when this is supported by the
laptop_eeepc (I know eeepc_acpi does support this, even if after an
additional patch), this would be the authoritative source (as for
wlan).

dam            JabberID: dam at jabber.minus273.org