[Debian-eeepc-devel] Debian lenny on ASUS Eee PC 1000H

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Wed Dec 31 15:56:07 UTC 2008

Hi Darren!

Please Cc: me, I am not subscribed to the list, TIA.

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 13:53:15 +0100, Darren Salt wrote:
>> to have Fn+F2 disabling bluetooth as well, right?
>
> No; you want the rightmost of the four silver buttons.

Well, the Window user manual is clear and it happened the 1000H I used
has Windows XP Home installed, with Fn+F2 toggling between

  wlan ON & bluetooth ON -> wlan ON & bluetooth OFF ->
   -> wlan OFF & bluetooth ON -> wlan OFF & bluetooth OFF

NB, I am not arguing that we should follow Windows here, but the same
behavior is shared by IBM/Lenovo ThinkPads, at least on the T42p and X60
models.

>> AFAIK there is no other way to disable bluetooth from userspace.
>
> http://git.debian.org/?p=debian-eeepc/eeepc-bluetooth.git;a=blob_plain;f=eeepc-bluetooth.patch;hb=HEAD
>
> This provides /sys/devices/platform/eeepc/bluetooth and is for 2.6.26 &
> 2.6.27. Part of this patch is also needed for 2.6.28.

FWIW, tested to work correctly on both 1000H and 904HD.

A small note: IIRC the correct location for updated modules is
/lib/modules/$(KVERS)/updates/ [1] and then you do not need the
/etc/depmod.d override.  This functionality is available in
module-init-tools from version 3.1, but since etch already has 3.3,
there is no need for a versioned Depends:.  Patch attached, tested on
both machines.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Footnotes: