[Debian-eeepc-devel] hello and small problem with madwifi

Eric Cooper ecc at cmu.edu
Tue Jan 15 17:57:26 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 02:59:57PM +0000, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> I've prepared and installed the module using m-a but when I load the
> module (modprobe), I get
>
>      "'Hardware didn't respond as expected' (HAL status 3)"

Here's the script that I use (I have it tied to the Fn-F2 button via acpid).

It seems to work pretty reliably, but I do get an error message
similar to yours every once in a while. Toggling it a second time has
always worked so far.

---- wireless.sh ----
#!/bin/sh

case $1 in
    on|enable)
        if [ $(cat /proc/acpi/asus/wlan) = 0 ]; then
            modprobe -r pciehp
            modprobe pciehp pciehp_force=1
            echo 1 > /proc/acpi/asus/wlan
            modprobe ath_pci
        fi
        ;;
    off|disable)
        if [ $(cat /proc/acpi/asus/wlan) = 1 ]; then
            ifdown --force ath0
            modprobe -r ath_pci
            echo 0 > /proc/acpi/asus/wlan
        fi