[Debian-eeepc-devel] hello and small problem with madwifi

Eric S Fraga e.fraga at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Jan 16 22:06:42 UTC 2008

At Tue, 15 Jan 2008 12:57:26 -0500, Eric Cooper wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 02:59:57PM +0000, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> > I've prepared and installed the module using m-a but when I load the
> > module (modprobe), I get
> >
> >      "'Hardware didn't respond as expected' (HAL status 3)"
>
> Here's the script that I use (I have it tied to the Fn-F2 button via acpid).
>
> It seems to work pretty reliably, but I do get an error message
> similar to yours every once in a while. Toggling it a second time has
> always worked so far.

Many thanks for the script. Very useful.

My actual problem turned out to be an inherent inability of mine to
follow instructions :( I forgot to patch the actual module before
building and installing it. Sigh.

I've now got Debian working just fine on my 2G Surf model. System
takes 1.2GB with everything I need bar one: texlive. Unfortunately,
texlive takes 0.7GB to install which doesn't leave a lot of room to
spare. I may have to install this onto the SD disk where I've put
/home...

Anyway, I'll take this opportunity to thank all involved in this
effort. My EEE now feels like a proper computer!

Thanks again,
eric