[Debian-eeepc-devel] Suspend during shutdown: wanted behaviour?

Damyan Ivanov dmn at debian.org
Mon Jul 21 18:55:50 UTC 2008

-=| Axel Beckert, Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 08:13:10PM +0200 |=-

> I recently noticed that if I press the shutdown button and then close
> the lid (e.g. if I'm in a hurry), it starts to shutdown but then
> suspends during shutdown. If I then press the button again (after
> opening the lid again), it continues to shutdown and finally shuts
> down.

I just tried to reproduce it and failed.

In theory, the suspend script checks if there is already shutdown in
progress before proceeding.

Perhaps if there are many applications running or the system is
heavily loaded, the lid close event could reach the script before the
run level is changed.

Can you insert "sleep 5" before the runlevel check in
/etc/acpi/actions/suspend.sh and see if it makes a difference?

dam            JabberID: dam at jabber.minus273.org