[Debian-eeepc-devel] Suspend during shutdown: wanted behaviour?

Axel Beckert abe at deuxchevaux.org
Mon Jul 21 20:25:56 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 09:55:50PM +0300, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> > I recently noticed that if I press the shutdown button and then close
> > the lid (e.g. if I'm in a hurry), it starts to shutdown but then
> > suspends during shutdown.

To be correct: I did this once in a hurry and it happened -- short
said: It happened only once yet.

> > If I then press the button again (after opening the lid again), it
> > continues to shutdown and finally shuts down.
>
> I just tried to reproduce it and failed.

Can't reproduce it at the moment, either. :-/

> In theory, the suspend script checks if there is already shutdown in
> progress before proceeding.

That's the most important thing. Good to hear that it does normally. :-)

> Perhaps if there are many applications running or the system is
> heavily loaded, the lid close event could reach the script before the
> run level is changed.

Hmmmm, can't remember that it had high load. A few xterm with ssh
connections, GNU Emacs and Conkeror (Gecko based web browser) were
open at that time IIRC. But X was already finished and I already saw
the text console but -- there you seem to be right -- not any sign of
a shutdown process on vt1. Maybe a cron-job or so were running.

> Can you insert "sleep 5" before the runlevel check in
> /etc/acpi/actions/suspend.sh and see if it makes a difference?

As soon as I can reproduce it reliably. ;-)

		Regards, Axel
--
Axel Beckert - abe at deuxchevaux.org, abe at noone.org - http://noone.org/abe/