[Debian-eeepc-devel] Synaptics driver fail on EEE PC 900

Fabio Pugliese Ornellas fabio.ornellas at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 15:46:45 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am trying to make my synaptics touchpad work on 900, but it won't
recognize the hardware:

(II) Synaptics touchpad driver version 0.14.6 (1406)
Synaptics0 no synaptics event device found
(**) Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
(**) Option "SHMConfig" "true"
(**) Option "HorizEdgeScroll" "1"
Query no Synaptics: 6003C8
(EE) Synaptics0 no synaptics touchpad detected and no repeater device
(EE) Synaptics0 Unable to query/initialize Synaptics hardware.
(EE) PreInit failed for input device "Synaptics0"
(II) UnloadModule: "synaptics"

The configuration is pretty much the same as Asus default Xandros, but
there, it works as expected. My guess is that Asus patched either the kernel
or the xorg driver to make it work, I'm still to find out which one. And
yes, I've found a lot of people complaining of it on several distros,
checked evdev, tryed all sorts of possible combinations of configurations
and it won't work at all.

Any ideas?

----
Fabio Pugliese Ornellas