[Debian-eeepc-devel] Volume keys on EEE PC 900

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Sat Jul 26 20:50:37 UTC 2008

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 16:01:08 -0300
"Fabio Pugliese Ornellas" <fabio.ornellas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, all sound cards I've ever seen until today, have a 'Master' channel.
> This is why I bet it would work on any system.

And this may be true for current kernels.

Nico, recall that when we switched kernels, labels changed.  Perhaps
'Master' is good for all models now?  At least on my 701 with 2.6.25 it
is correct, and 900 users are telling us it is correct.  Is it
different for you?

The only other way it might be different is if you force a model= when
the module is loaded.  But I don't think that is needed any more for
2.6.25 ...