[Debian-eeepc-devel] suggestions for eeepc-acpi-scripts

jcsid jc.sid at free.fr
Sun Jun 8 10:55:55 UTC 2008

I prefer to have an osd for my fn hotkeys, so I enabled it in
"/etc/default/eeepc-acpi-scripts".
Seeing this beautifull old-style green, I suggest, in eeepc-acpi-scripts:
    ENABLE_OSD= 'yes'
    OSD_FONT='DejaVuSans 36'
    OSD_COLOR='Black'
    OSD_X=240
    OSD_Y=-20

where values can be changed by user. And in /etc/acpi/actions/hotkey.sh:
    if [ -n "$2" -a -z "$(echo $2 | sed 's/[0-9]//g')" ]; then
        echo "$@%" | aosd_cat -f 0 -u 100 -o 0 -n "$OSD_FONT" -R
"$OSD_COLOR" -x $OSD_X -y $OSD_Y &
    else
        echo "$@" | aosd_cat -n "$OSD_FONT" -f 100 -u 1000 -o 100 -R
"$OSD_COLOR" -x $OSD_X -y $OSD_Y  &
    fi

In the same file, I changed:
    show_brightness() {
        # final digit of ACPI code is brightness level in hex
        level=$(cat /proc/acpi/asus/brn)
        # convert hex digit to percent
        percent=$(((100 * $level + 8) / 15))
        notify Brightness $percent
    }

and:
    # Fn+F3 -- decrease brightness
    # Fn+F4 -- increase brightness
    0000002?)
    show_brightness
    # actual brightness change is handled in hardware
    ;;

There is still a problem with fn+f2: the first time I want to enable it,
it doesn't (the wifi light stays on a second and goes off) and I must
re-do fn+f2 and then it works.

Thanks for the job made...
Jean-Christophe