[Debian-eeepc-devel] Installation report on eee 900

Alessandro Pellizzari alex at amiran.it
Sat Jun 14 09:11:35 UTC 2008

Il giorno ven, 06/06/2008 alle 13.46 +0200, Davide Cavalca ha scritto:

> I just got a shiny new Asus EEE 900. I kept xandros for few days (it was
> actually much better than I expected), then performed a full debian
> installation using the installer linked on the wiki. I used the internal
> 4gb ssd for / and the additional 16gb for /home. The installation went
> fine and was totally painless. These are the problems I noticed with the
> installed system:

Hi,

I just bought mine, and would like to ask you some questions before
installing Debian on it.

Does the multitouch pad work in Debian too?
Is the driver included in Debian or shoud I create a package from the
Xandros installation before formatting?

Are there, in Gnome, applets showing capslock and numlock status?

Can you update the BIOS?

Thanks for all the info. :)

Bye.