[Debian-eeepc-devel] Tested 2.6.26-rc7 on Eee 900

Andrew Lee andrew at linux.org.tw
Sat Jun 28 12:08:03 UTC 2008

Hello,

I tested linux-source-2.6.26-rc7 kernel on my Eee 900 today. I found
madwifi-eeepc package failed to build with it. But the new hal branch
for madwifi[0] builds fine and works. Maybe we shuold push this into
debian and switch to use this instead of madwifi-eeepc.

And the kernel has merged ACPI support as eeepc-laptop. /proc/acpi/asus
no longer exist, relocated into /sys/devices/platform/eeepc/, and it has:
/sys/devices/platform/eeepc/uevent
/sys/devices/platform/eeepc/modalias
/sys/devices/platform/eeepc/subsystem
/sys/devices/platform/eeepc/power
/sys/devices/platform/eeepc/power/wakeup
/sys/devices/platform/eeepc/driver
/sys/devices/platform/eeepc/camera
/sys/devices/platform/eeepc/cardr
/sys/devices/platform/eeepc/disp
/sys/devices/platform/eeepc/wlan

This noticed the eeepc-acpi-script will have to be changed.

[0]
http://snapshots.madwifi.org/special/madwifi-hal-0.10.5.6-r3698-20080604.tar.gz

-Andrew