[Debian-eeepc-devel] suspend.sh in eeepc-acpi-scripts 1.02 and NetworkManager

elijah r. elijahr at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 23:40:31 UTC 2008

Hello,
I'm running Xfce4, and using NetworkManager to manage my wireless
connections (madwifi driver).  I found that on waking up from suspend,
the wireless card and NetworkManager were having issues "talking", and
I couldn't get a connection again without restarting dbus and turning
wireless on and off using the hotkeys.

So, I made a few changes to suspend.sh that check to see if
NetworkManager is running, and if so, it stops dbus and turns off
wireless before entering the suspend state.  On wake, dbus is
restarted and wireless is turned back on, and wireless reconnects with
no issues.

I'm attaching the script.  Out of curiosity, how would something like
this get merged into the package?

Thanks,

Elijah R.