[Debian-eeepc-devel] documentation feedback

Sven Arvidsson sa at whiz.se
Thu Mar 20 18:38:47 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 21:59 +0100, Robert Epprecht wrote:
> During the installation I was a bit helpless what to do with the question
> about the resolution of the Xserver. Maybe the documentation should give
> a hint?

Does the installer still ask about this? AFAIK, it's no longer necessary
to specify this, as it's all detected automagically.

The only changed I had to do to xorg.conf was to add a line "Virtual
2048 2048" to the Display subsection of Screen.

> And: What about the possible resolutions of external monitors?

I think 2048 by 2048 is the maximum resolution if you want 3D
acceleration.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson