[Debian-eeepc-devel] Sound on eeepc 900 not working

obregonmateo at gmail.com obregonmateo at gmail.com
Tue May 20 12:28:37 UTC 2008

Wow, first eeepc 900s with Debian then.

I followed the instructions at wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC, but they are quite
sparse at times.

I tried the alsamixer tricks, but nothing.

Also, I tried setting up my external 19" monitor (1440x900) as a separate
display area (like I have for my old and heavy laptop), but the eeepc 900
only shows a mirrored display on both screens, BUT, at the correct max
resolution for each (1024x600 for internal and 1440x900 for external)! The
internal is set-up as a virtual 1440x900 screen. What should I try to get two
separate displays?

I'm new to this list; I can try new kernel modules etc if someone steps me
though the process of cross-compiling them on my Debian/etch laptop.

Thanks.

Mateo.