[Debian-eeepc-devel] Anyone experienced the 4G not powering off after shutting down?

Alexandre DE DOMMELIN adedommelin at nostalgeek.info
Tue May 20 14:04:35 UTC 2008

It looks like the "snd-hda-intel related bug".
In fact you need to unload this module before shuting down, you should
verify that your shutdown script contains a line such as :
rmmod snd-hda-intel

HTH,

Alex

2008/5/20 Axel Beckert <abe at deuxchevaux.org>:

> Hi,
>
> It's probably not Debian related (but maybe): I'm not sure since when
> this happened, but I'm quite sure it didn't happen in the beginning,
> but my 4G doesn't power off after a clean shutdown, e.g. by pressing
> the power button. The Power LED still glows and the fan runs, but the
> machine is obviously shut down.
>
> Anyone else experienced this? Else I expect that my EeePC got slightly
> damaged when it switched itself on in the neopren bag accidentially --
> probably the power switch being hit by something in the backpack
> because it is quite exposed if the lid is closed. Everything else
> still works fine, though.
>
>                Regards, Axel
> --
> Axel Beckert - abe at deuxchevaux.org, abe at noone.org - http://noone.org/abe/

http://blog.nostalgeek.info - Le site qui vous détend le pingouin
"Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by
incompetence."
LRU : #405714