[Debian-eeepc-devel] still having wpa_supplicant problems with rt2860 on 901

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Sun Nov 2 19:05:17 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 13:23:14 -0500
Eric Cooper <ecc at cmu.edu> wrote:

> Thanks.  Unfortunately, my configuration is identical to yours, and I
> still can't associate with the AP unless I use plain "ifconfig ra0 up"
> and DHCP.

I have heard (on #eeepc @ irc.freenode.net) that 1.7.1.1 is much better
than 1.8.0.0.  Read this thread:

http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?pid=410174

Unfortunately the link to the source no longer works.  However, further
down in the thread there are links to diffs Adam provides.  You could
take the .orig.tar.gz from our archives for version 1.8.0.0 and apply
the 1.7.1.1 vs. 1.8.0.0 diff with patch -R to derive the 1.7.1.1
source.  Unfortunately it appears that Adam wasn't working from
pristine upstream source, so there will be a few rejects (manually
apply these) and some missing files (ignore these).

If we find this source solves the problems that have been reported
here, I think we should use it.  Unfortunately we'll have to use an
epoch# in that case, but c'est la vie.

 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org