[Debian-eeepc-devel] still having wpa_supplicant problems with rt2860 on 901

Eric Cooper ecc at cmu.edu
Mon Nov 3 13:08:30 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 11:26:33AM +0000, Phil Endecott wrote:
> In your case, presumably wpa_suplicant is poking the module in some
> way that breaks it; if I were you, I'd enable debugging in the
> module (I think it's a compile-time option for the module) and/or
> strace wpa_suplicant and see exactly what wpa_suplicant does.  Then
> try variations on that manually until you find the step that breaks
> it.

My AP is actually a Debian box running the hostap driver, so I should
have pretty good debugging control on both ends.  (In fact, I do
notice a suspicious series of complaints in the hostap log about
frames with zero data, right after it thinks it has authenticated my
Eee, but while the Eee is still "timing out".)  Anyway, thanks for the
encouragement.