[Debian-eeepc-devel] Article about fast booting at debian-administration.org

Tomaz( S(olc tomaz.solc at tablix.org
Tue Nov 11 11:03:44 UTC 2008

Hi

> debian-administration.org has published an article that I've written
> summarising my efforts to improve the boot time of my Eee 901.  Do
> please have a look; I'm sure many of you will have comments to add and
> you're welcome to do so either their in the article comments, on this
> list, or directly to me.

Thanks for sharing that article Phil.

My boot time with 2.6.26 is currently around 30 seconds. You mention a
second patch for pciehp I wasn't aware of, so I'll try that now.

For anyone else using Gnome, these two articles on improving Gnome login
time are also interesting:

http://mces.blogspot.com/2008/10/improving-login-time-part-1-gnome.html
http://mces.blogspot.com/2008/11/improving-login-time-part-2-gnome.html

Best regards