[Debian-eeepc-devel] rtl8187se for Eee PC 701SD (and MSI Wind)

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Tue Nov 11 13:57:49 UTC 2008

Eee PC Model 701SD uses the rtl8187se driver which is not in the kernel
upstream.  Ultimately, we want to use whatever is supported in the
kernel.  While there is some recent work on rtl8187 in
wireless-testing, we don't yet know if this works for the rtl8187se.
We'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has this hardware and
would like to help work towards a solution fully supported in the
kernel.  Checking out what's in wireless-testing would be a good place
to start.

Please see http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/Model/701SD for
our progress to date.  This uses source from Realtek instead of from
wireless-testing so is not our first choice.