[Debian-eeepc-devel] New live USB image: 1.0~a8

Klaus Ade Johnstad klaus at skolelinux.no
Tue Nov 25 19:07:46 UTC 2008

Mandag 24. november 2008 04:18, skrev Ben Armstrong:
> Please see http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/Live where you can
> download the new live image I prepared today including LXDE, all Eee
> PC drivers for all models (except rtl8187se wifi for the model
> 701SD,) ACPI scripts and OSD.  I would be interested to hear back
> from owners of various models about how things work for you.  In
> particular, I don't think we ever did settle on volume labels that
> work for everyone.  I would like the live image to have functioning
> mute/volume ACPI hotkeys for everyone, so this is important to sort
> out (preferably as a patch to eeepc-acpi-scripts).
>
> I have included patches for various eeepc-specific issues (unloading
> sound modules at shutdown, using --directisa when setting time at
> startup, pciehp module options for proper operation of wifi hotkey).
> Please let me know if I have forgotten any.
>
> Ben

The image boots just fine on my Eeepc 900. Just noticed one thing with
the wireless setup, I can connect just fine to the wep wireless here,
but /etc/resolv.conf is not populated with the correct search and
nameserver values, adjusting /etc/resolv.conf manually helped.

Great work by the way, I love how it just neatly fits my 256MB usbstick.

--
Klaus Ade
67E61D18B2C44F8A3DA35C6D849F9F5F 26FA477D