[Debian-eeepc-devel] New live USB image: 1.0~a8

Klaus Ade Johnstad klaus at skolelinux.no
Tue Nov 25 20:21:03 UTC 2008

Mandag 24. november 2008 04:18, skrev Ben Armstrong:
>  I would be interested to hear back from owners
> of various models about how things work for you.

Probably not "intentional", but the live USB image worked pretty well
even on the Asus Eee box, it even took up the wireless card (03:00.0
Network controller: RaLink Device 0781) just fine (sans
the /etc/resolv.conf problem).

X comes up fine with a modified xorg.conf-file, I just added this stanza
to xorg.conf and restarted gdm:

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
        Driver          "intel"
        Option          "monitor-LVDS" "LVDS"
        Option          "AccelMethod" "XAA"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "LVDS"
        Option "Ignore" "True"
EndSection

--
Klaus Ade
67E61D18B2C44F8A3DA35C6D849F9F5F 26FA477D