[Debian-eeepc-devel] Suggesting Boot Booster on wiki

Luca Niccoli lultimouomo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 14:01:58 UTC 2008

2008/11/26 W. Martin Borgert <debacle at debian.org>:

> Could you explain how to restore the boot booster stuff in the
> wiki, please? TIA.

It isn't that easy: the point is that one has to make a 16Mb ef-type
partition at the beginning of the disk (maybe it's not necessary to
keep it at the beginning, I am trying to figure it out now but I am
NOT going to try on my Eee, one dump-and-restore was enough), but how
to do this depends on the model of the Eee, how much stuff is
installed, and the type of filesystem (some are shrinkable, some are
not).
I'll see if I find a link to some general description on how to dump
the root filesystem, change the partition table and restore it with
the necessary changes - I had to do some trial and error myself,
especially with GRUB, so I don't feel I can write it on my own.
Suggestions are welcome.
Luca