[Debian-eeepc-devel] Suggesting Boot Booster on wiki

Phil Endecott spam_from_debian_eee at chezphil.org
Wed Nov 26 21:48:17 UTC 2008

Luca Niccoli wrote:
> 2008/11/26 W. Martin Borgert <debacle at debian.org>:
>> Could you explain how to restore the boot booster stuff in the
>> wiki, please? TIA.
>
> It isn't that easy: the point is that one has to make a 16Mb ef-type
> partition at the beginning of the disk (maybe it's not necessary to
> keep it at the beginning

Here's my experience with a 901: it doesn't need to be at the beginning
of the disk, but I presume that it has to be on the first of the two
disks (has anyone tried putting it on the second?).  I was able to
recreate it by shrinking my ext3 root partition slightly.  As far as I
can see, e2resize cannot shrink an online filesystem.  So I booted into
the Debian installer rescue mode.  You could use any sort of bootable
CD or flash drive; I used netboot.  Set the new partition type to EF
and that's all you need to do.

Phil.