[Debian-eeepc-devel] Suggesting Boot Booster on wiki

Luca Niccoli lultimouomo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 14:22:34 UTC 2008

2008/11/26 Alessandro Pellizzari <alex at amiran.it>:

> It works on 900 too, but I have sda4 instead of sda1. I think it
> suffices to have it of type "EFI".

This would be very interesting for people who have already deleted the
partition:
with a shrinkable fs like ext3 it would take a few moments to restore
boot booster (I think ext3 is only shrinkable off-line, right? so one
still needs to but from usb).
Even for the ones who use other filesystems keeping the root partition
number would save the time and effort to fix fstab, gurb, uswsusp and
similar (not a big deal, but still..)
Some googling seems to show that just every primary partition of type
ef will do.
I think I'll write on the wiki to keep the partition at install time,
and maybe afterwards work on a small page on how to restore the
partition with ext2/3 (I'll need help, for I use Xfs and I couldn't
try it myself)
Cheers,
Luca