[Debian-eeepc-devel] Suggesting Boot Booster on wiki

homemr at gmail.com homemr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 21:37:16 UTC 2008

>  > It works on 900 too, but I have sda4 instead of sda1. I think it
>  > suffices to have it of type "EFI".
>
>  This would be very interesting for people who have already deleted the
>  partition:
>  with a shrinkable fs like ext3 it would take a few moments to restore
>  boot booster (I think ext3 is only shrinkable off-line, right? so one
>  still needs to but from usb).

Hi! I managed to do it on 901 too. I had initialy erased all the
original patitions and installed debian in a single ext3 partiton.
When i realised i lost boot booster did som googling and took these
steps.

-Create bootable usb pen. I used a puppy linux iso and unetbootin for
this.

- boot from usb pen.

- shrink the instaled partition using parted.

- created a new partition in the end of the drive. type 0xEF size 8mb.
  still in parted.

It worked just fine.

Here is my partiton table

Disk /dev/sda: 4034 MB, 4034838528 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 490 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
Disk identifier: 0xdd28dd28

/dev/sda1   *           1         489     3927861   83  Linux
/dev/sda2             490         490        8032+  ef  EFI (FAT-12/16/32)

I advise for a backup prior to the procedure.

Regards
Rui