[Debian-eeepc-devel] New live USB image: 1.0~a8

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Thu Nov 27 00:59:18 UTC 2008

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 20:03:51 +0100
Robert Epprecht <epprecht at solnet.ch> wrote:

> Ben Armstrong <synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> writes:
>
> > Please see http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/Live where you can
> > download the new live image
>
> Two things that would be nice to have in a live image:
> * easy to find possibility to scan for wlan access points

The first is there already.  There should be an icon in your panel.

> * easy to find possibility to change keyboard layout for non English users

I think this is a boot option for the live image, but I haven't tested
it.  Something like appending "keyb=de locale=de_DE.UTF-8" at boot time.
This should be made clear in a help screen at the boot prompt and then
shown again in a start page included in the image that is shown when
the web browser is autostarted in case the user missed it at the boot
prompt.

I think this causes the appropriate locale to be generated at boot time
as well, which is why it needs to happen there and not after you've
booted (as the X session needs to be started with the locale already
created and ready to use).