[Debian-eeepc-devel] Cannot load pciehp module (Was: Re: FN+F2 does not toggle wifi anymore)

Leandro Noferini lnoferin at cybervalley.org
Fri Oct 24 10:19:57 UTC 2008

Il 2008-10-23, Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg at fifthhorseman.net> ha scritto:

> Do you have the PCI-E hotplugging support loaded into the kernel?  I
> found that i needed to have the pciehp module loaded before i did
> anything with the madwifi drivers on my 900.  The easiest way to do
> this is:
>
>   echo pciehp >> /etc/modules

The problem was here!

I have yet this line in /etc/modules but when I try to load this module I get
this error:

minchioncino:~# modprobe pciehp
FATAL: Error inserting pciehp
(/lib/modules/2.6.25-2-686/kernel/drivers/pci/hotplug/pciehp.ko): Unknown symbol
in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

And in dmesg

[ 9023.201418] pciehp: Unknown parameter `pciehp_slot_with_bus'

But I did not change my kernel and rebooting it works.

--
Ciao
leandro