[Debian-eeepc-devel] eee 900 wifi problems

Sergio Blanco crimsomshadow at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 21:54:57 UTC 2008

Hello,

First of all, congratulations for the excellent work. I´ve been using
eeeDebian since July and I must say it is quite a dream come true.

The problem has come some days ago. I read the new kernel was ready so I
could update. When I did so, wifi stopped working, no matter what I did.
Then I tried a reinstall and got wifi to work ensuring pciehp was being
loaded. But one day later it just stopped working again. Tonight I did the
third reinstall and I can´t get wifi to work, no matter what I do. I see the
ath0 interface and can bring it up and down, but I can´t scan for APs. I
already tried uninstalling the madwifi binaries and compiling the sources,
but it remains the same.

The first time I installed I had to do nothing to make it work. Must I do
something more? Is there somebody else with the same problem here?

The netbook is an eee 900, as stated in the subject. Any info you need just
request it.

Thanks in advance for your attention. I hope we can bring this problem to an
end :-(