[Debian-eeepc-devel] eee 900 wifi problems

Sergio Blanco crimsomshadow at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 11:43:39 UTC 2008

Hello again!

I have tried quite a lot of things and I ended up confused with what I
already I have done and what I haven't, so I'm trying another reinstall and
see what I can do.

I tried the latest madwifi form source and the ath5k upgrading the kernel,
still can't scan. I tried a livecd of eeexubuntu to see if the wifi card was
broken but there it worked flawlessly.

Depending on how I inserted the modules there were times wifi shuted off
seconds after I bring it up. The most I got is what i mailed yesterday, I
have the ath0 up but it won't scan nor connect.

If it is useful, I have tried the 3 installer images and none of them have
my wifi card working! Is that normal?

Thanks!!!