[Debian-eeepc-devel] eee 900 wifi problems

Jean-Christophe jc.sid at free.fr
Sun Oct 26 12:14:44 UTC 2008

Sergio Blanco a écrit :
> After installation from the older install image ath0 dissappeared. I
> tried madwifi-modules and got to the same original problem. Then I
> tried compiling wireless-compat against the 2.6.26 kernel, installed
> the drivers and got the wlan0 interface. Still does not scan neither
> connect. Just to be sure I am doing everything ok, I'm writing the
> steps I did here:
>
> a) Install with synaptic build-essential and kernel-headers. madwifi
> is already uninstalled.
> b) Download wireless-compat for old kernels (inferior to 2.6.27) and untar
> c) As root, in the folder with the contents of the tar file, first
> make and then make install (and then make unload as requested by make
> install)
> d) modprobe ath5k (pciehp is already loaded with the force option at
> system init)
> e) ifconfig wlan0 up (Bring up the interface)
> f) iwlist wlan0 scanning (no scan results)
>
> wlan0 shows up perfectly with iwconfig. I also tried to connect to my
> AP using static config but it never associates to the access point.
> dhclient also fails to get a lease.
>
> Any ideas?
I'm using ath5k, and it works well...
Here is my interfaces (using wpa_supplicant), maybe it can help you?

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
iface wlan0 inet manual
    wpa-roam /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
    post-up /sbin/iwconfig wlan0 rate 11M
iface default inet dhcp
iface eth0 inet dhcp

I put the 11M rate in order to have constant output: the auto rate cuts
when I stream some music