[Debian-eeepc-devel] eee 900 wifi problems

Sergio Blanco crimsomshadow at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 15:30:28 UTC 2008

After installation from the older install image ath0 dissappeared. I tried
madwifi-modules and got to the same original problem. Then I tried compiling
wireless-compat against the 2.6.26 kernel, installed the drivers and got the
wlan0 interface. Still does not scan neither connect. Just to be sure I am
doing everything ok, I'm writing the steps I did here:

a) Install with synaptic build-essential and kernel-headers. madwifi is
already uninstalled.
b) Download wireless-compat for old kernels (inferior to 2.6.27) and untar
c) As root, in the folder with the contents of the tar file, first make and
then make install (and then make unload as requested by make install)
d) modprobe ath5k (pciehp is already loaded with the force option at system
init)
e) ifconfig wlan0 up (Bring up the interface)
f) iwlist wlan0 scanning (no scan results)

wlan0 shows up perfectly with iwconfig. I also tried to connect to my AP
using static config but it never associates to the access point. dhclient
also fails to get a lease.

Any ideas?