[Debian-eeepc-devel] eee 900 wifi problems

Federico Castagnini federico.castagnini at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 16:40:37 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 7:18 AM, Ben Armstrong
<synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 06:57:37 +0100
> "Sergio Blanco" <crimsomshadow at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm using wicd so using the interfaces file is useless for me. Even if I
>> tried, the first problem to solve would be it's inability to scan for APs.
>> If I have the interface up and running it doesn't matter if it knows where
>> to connect, I should be able to search for networks, no?

I have made almost the same tests and still have the same problem, can
not scan or connect.

With a usb dongle (mod rt73) i was able to scan and use that interface
as expected, so the trouble is with the atheros wifi device...

This problem came up with an upgrade i made last week, that upgrade
the kernel (plus other things) from 2.6.26-4? to 2.6.26-8.

I think this is something relevant.