[Debian-eeepc-devel] Fix for 2.6.26 PCI hotplug error when enabling wireless

Damyan Ivanov dmn at debian.org
Mon Sep 1 06:15:30 UTC 2008

-=| oz, Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 11:20:29PM +0200 |=-
> > Without the module unloading, etc., it still does not work on my
> > 701,
> > BIOS 1101, running kernel 2.6.26.  For example, if you just load
> > pciehp, then toggle the wlan sys variable, the kernel does not see any
> > new device.  If you just load the ath-pci module without first
> > unloading/reloading pciehp, the wifi0 and ath0 interfaces don't get
> > created.
>
> Yes, the same effects here with 901 and ra0, when the script is not
> appropriate.

So, what do you thing about handling ath_pci with the module juggling
and rt2860 "natively"? I mean something like this:

if the detected wireless module is ath_pci, then do the modprobe
dance;
otherwise, just echo 0/1 > $wlan_control and let hotplugging do its
job.

Hopefully, the ath5 module won't need the dance and will just work :)

dam            JabberID: dam at jabber.minus273.org