[Debian-eeepc-devel] [SCM] Maintenance of eeepc-acpi-scripts?debian package branch, master, updated.?db56a3bc8a47819398ae7ae768722932aa9aea75

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Mon Sep 1 09:12:06 UTC 2008

El Lunes, 1 de Septiembre de 2008, Damyan Ivanov escribió:
> Still, the check can be extended to be:
>
> if there is a bt_control file *and* it contains "1" *and* there is a
> hci0 device, then assume the internal bluetooth is ON.

I really like that idea.

However, are you sure that the control file is *not* created on the 701 (nor
900, nor 904)?

> From your reply I hoped you have some practical experience with the
> code breaking something, though. It sounds more like a theorethical
> argument to me :)

Just send me a 900 and a 904 to test with, and I'll break all the code you
want :-P

> > method has a drawback: it would return true if I plug a external USB
> > bluetooth dongle connected to my eeepc.
>
> Indeed. Still the code may be used to turn that down :) Not exactly
> more helpful that removing the dongle, but...

Anyway, having (working) built-in bluetooth and sticking another USB BT dongle
seems like a stupid idea to me, anyway.

> > > [...] Do models without bluetooth have this key?
>
> Oh, and the eeepc-acpi-scripts would take an useful acpi key away from
> their users.
>
> Perhaps its usage should be made optional via a vairable in
> /etc/default. Perhaps set on postinst (only on first installation or
> when upgrading to a version supporting bluetooth) on selected models.
> This would also avoid messing with usb bluetooth dongles.

That's fine for me, but I guess that, at some poing, we'll be abusing debconf.
e.g. "I want some service (gpsd) restarted whenever I toggle bluetooth, let's
make it configurable". I still have to read a lot of debian guidelines,
though.

> Thank you for your comments.

You're welcome ;-)

--

STANDARDDISCLAIMER:
*This universe shipped by weight, not volume.*
*Some expansion may have occured in shipping.*