[Debian-eeepc-devel] 901, 1000 owners, what should soft-button #3 do? ([SCM] Maintenance of eeepc-acpi-scripts debian package branch, master, updated. b70d7df87f2e4223dfebd9681c7941051532abdd)

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Tue Sep 2 15:35:29 UTC 2008

El Martes, 2 de Septiembre de 2008, Ben Armstrong escribió:
> OK.  So what this is about is I understand soft-button #3 on Xandros
> controls the Super Hybrid Engine.  Wouldn't the least suprising thing
> on Debian, then, be to have this button switch between cpufreqd
> profiles?  Damyan said that he finds on-demand sufficient for his
> needs.

I agree with Damyan on that - the ondemand (or conservative) governors are
smart enough, and work well.

Besides , if I want to switch cpufreq governors, I use a tool such as
kpowersave, powersaved, or even just acpid. Letting those handle the
governors works wonderfully.

On the other hand, on another thread Damyan raised the question of being able
to configure what the soft-buttons do, in /etc/default/eee-acpi-scripts.
There may be users who actually want to switch cpufreq governors with those
keys, so it might be desireable to be able to configure the keys to do so.

However, I don't think that would have a high priority.

Cheers,
--

Truth is the most valuable thing we have -- so let us economize it.
		-- Mark Twain