[Debian-eeepc-devel] laptop task

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Wed Sep 3 19:40:53 UTC 2008

El Miércoles, 3 de Septiembre de 2008, Robert Willmann escribió:
> I read the howto/install in the Debian-EeePC-wiki because I want to install
> Lenny on my 901. There is one sentence on this page at the topic tasksel:
>
> Do *not* select the laptop task.

I also have a 901, and the second time* I installed Debian, I choose the
laptop task. I haven't got any major problems.

You might want to tweak your system (e.g. uninstall "powersaved"), but
otherwise works fine. In fact, if you don't install the laptop task, you'll
be lacking things like cpufreq-utils**: your CPU will always be at the
highest frequency, wasting battery.

* = I managed to mess up my filesystems while suspending to disk with low
battery during my first install.
** = My first install didn't include cpufreq-utils.

So: go ahead, don't worry. However, please reports any problems you might
encounter; uninstall stuff when you see fit.

Cheers,
--

Your lucky number is 3552664958674928.  Watch for it everywhere.