[Debian-eeepc-devel] Bluetooth: how it won't mess older models

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Thu Sep 4 14:17:35 UTC 2008

El Jueves, 4 de Septiembre de 2008, Damyan Ivanov escribió:
[...]
> I can add to this that particularly on model 901, the "Enable
> Bloetooth" setting in the BIOS is not controllable at runtime. This is
> contrary to the wlan one, which can be disabled in the BIOS and later
> enabled via the control interface (and that would enable wlan in the
> BIOS too).

I disagree with your analisys - in my 901 (BIOS version 1101), the "enable
bluetooth" setting in the BIOS, and the status of the /proc/acpi/asus/bt file
are in sync. If I enable BT in the BIOS, the control file returns 1. If I
disable BT in the BIOS, the control file exists and I can turn it on. If I
toggle BT on or off, the next time I enter in the BIOS I'll see the right
status.

Maybe you're using another BIOS firmware?

--

Un ordenador no es un televisor ni un microondas, es una herramienta compleja.