[Debian-eeepc-devel] Installation of cpufrequtils

Alessandro Pellizzari alex at amiran.it
Fri Sep 5 10:52:00 UTC 2008

Il giorno ven, 05/09/2008 alle 10.44 +0200, Paul Menzel ha scritto:

> 1. I thought, that the Intel(R) Celeron(R) M is doing the frequency
> scaling by itself and that it is implemented in the hardware. Is that
> true?

You gain nothing but slugginess using p4_clockmod with 701 and 900.
You save some power only using the eee kernel module (you find it in
google code, I don't remember the exact url) and setting the FSB to a
slower frequency.

Now I am using it at 50 MHz (450 MHz CPU instead of 900) in an Eee 900.
Performance is good if you don't compile or encode videos (i.e. if you
browse the web, write or read something, etc), and I gained 15-25
minutes on battery.

Bye.