[Debian-eeepc-devel] powersave tools (eeepc 901)

Damyan Ivanov dmn at debian.org
Fri Sep 5 22:58:25 UTC 2008

-=| oz, Sat, Sep 06, 2008 at 12:29:22AM +0200 |=-
> The other side of the medal is, the sleep button (Fn+F1) does not
> work
> properly any longer. It seems to start suspension, but after a while I
> just get a login-window. And s2ram by closing the lid does also not work
> any longer, when kpowersave+powersaved are installed. The lid-event
> seems also only to lock the current session.

What you oserve is perhaps a conflict between kpowersave+powersaved
and eeepc-acpi-scripts. I suppose they both try to suspend the machine
and something fails.

The scripts already detect running powersaved and do nothing when the
lid is closed. Perhaps this check can be added to suspend.sh too.

> I would like to know, how you handle it on your eee. Do you also
> have
> conflicts between uswsusp and your graphical powersave-tools?

I use gnome-power-manager and it is configured to suspend on lid
close, which works (as lid.sh detects the running power manager).

It also tries to suspend when I press Fn+F1, which sort of works --
the machiine suspends, then immediately resumes, then suspends again,
this time waiting for power button to be pushed before resuming.

I've noted the problem in suspend.sh in the TODO. Shall be fixed
"soon".

dam            JabberID: dam at jabber.minus273.org