[Debian-eeepc-devel] New version of eeepc-acpi-scripts needs testing

oz oz at bluemonk.de
Sun Sep 7 23:20:17 UTC 2008

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 00:01:45 +0300
Damyan Ivanov <dmn at debian.org> wrote:

Bingo, you nailed it, Damyan. I ran those 3 commands and found, each
has an empty output. The pciehp module is not loaded after a boot on my
system (just on my eee?)

> If I am right, either the grep won't return
>   options pciehp pciehp_force=1 pciehp_slot_with_bus=1
> meaning you should add that line to /etc/modprobe.d/local,
> or, one of the cats won't print 'Y', meaning that the initrd needs to
> be recreated (update-initrd -u -k2.6.26-1-686), or both.

So your first assumption is right, and now I made an entry
in /etc/modules: pciehp pciehp_force=1 pciehp_slot_with_bus=1

After that, pciehp is loaded at boottime and your script wireless.sh in
eeepc-acpi-scripts 1.0.6 then *works* on my 901 in its simple form.
Hooray!

It would be cool, if the entry for loading pciehp in /etc/modules
could also be made obsolete.

Thanks,
oz