[Debian-eeepc-devel] New and wondering - make me excited ;)

Damyan Ivanov dmn at debian.org
Wed Sep 10 16:29:44 UTC 2008

-=| Johnny Kewl, Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 06:14:02PM +0200 |=-

> > Very pleased to hear you so far already...
> >
> > Does any one know if its been tested on this device
> > Gigabyte MID M528
>
> http://www.pocketables.net/2008/05/gigabyte-mid-m5.html

Ah, this link you should have started with :)

This is the first time I read about "MID". As you may have noticed in
the name, this project is about making Debian run smoothly on Asus
EeePC.

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Notebook/Products_Spec.aspx?ProductID=2833

Since it seems to run on Intel Centrino, you will be able to install
Debian on it without any problem.

Supporting the wireless card is another story. The spec page above
does not say anything about its manifacturer/chip so I can't tell you
for sure.

"Poulsbo Graphics Integrated" also sounds alien to me.

dam            JabberID: dam at jabber.minus273.org