[Debian-eeepc-devel] Bios 910 and MMCONFIG (kernel 2.6-25 686)

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Thu Sep 11 20:53:21 UTC 2008

jcsid wrote:
> Asus returned my eeepc after 52 days  of reparation... (there was a
> problem with the sector and they changed my motherboard, but not the
> sector :D )
> They put a new motherboard with the new 910 bios.
> I installed Debian and when I boot, it's said:
>     PCI: BIOSbug! MCFG area at e0000000 is not E820-reserved
>     PCI: not using MMCONFIG
>
>  That's not a problem for me: Debian works, but I think it can be for
> specifics functions?
> I tried to downgrade to the 703 bios, but my motherboard is too recent
> for it
>
> Is there solutions to make 'mmconfig' work fine?
>

> Jean-Christophe

Kind of old post but it was the only one I could find about this issue
in the archive.

After more then a year of Debian use on my eeepc 701 I still have below
errors and the 33DMA cable report bug. I was wondering what is causing
this PCI error (failty APCI tables?) and what have, and can we do about it?

PCI: BIOSbug! MCFG area at e0000000 is not E820-reserved
PCI: not using MMCONFIG

Kind regards,

Jelle