[Debian-eeepc-devel] what causes Gnome popups for volume hotkeys?

Eric Cooper ecc at cmu.edu
Thu Apr 2 21:48:45 UTC 2009

I'm trying the sid 2.6.29 kernel on my 901, with ACPI scripts that are
similar to those in eeepc-acpi-scripts.  When I change the volume or
toggle the speaker, I get the script's notification (via OSD), but I
also get a Gnome volume popup.  I don't get the Gnome popup when I
use the lenny 2.6.26 kernel.  So the only thing that's different is
the new kernel, and the apcid from sid that uses netlink instead of /proc.

Does anyone know where this is coming from, so I can turn it off?