[Debian-eeepc-devel] serous instabilities on 2.6.29-1-686 on eeepc 901

Tomas Abrahamsson tomas.abrahamsson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 22:18:47 UTC 2009

>>> No problems here with 2.6.29 (local build) and BIOS versions 1808 and 1903.
>> No such problems on the 701 either.

> Thanks for all the feedback,
>
> I still have the issue, I got almost daily complete lockups that even
> sysrq magic cant fix, and these lockups where not there with 2.6.28.
>
> I noticed the problem may be usb related, I use a usb gigabit network
> adapter almost full time on every task. I may be a usb interrupt issue in
> the 2.6.29 kernel. I will try to figure out more details.
>
> Also there is some sort of power issue after the lockups [...]
> wifi/bt led is flickering strange. [...]

I've seen a couple of lockups with 2.6.29 on my S101 (yes, I know,
model not supported by the DebianEeePc team, but still). For me, these
lockups have happened a few minutes after I've started using bluetooth,
both the built-in bluetooth and with a separate usb bluetooth dongle
(with the built-in bluetooth disabled in BIOS). Bluetooth works like
a charm with 2.6.28. I've seen no problems rebooting after such a
lockup, though.

BRs
Tomas