[Debian-eeepc-devel] How can I help?

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Thu Aug 6 10:47:40 UTC 2009

On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 17:29:28 -0700
Trevor <trevor.chart at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to begin by thanking all of you guys and gals for making the
> Debian installation process as painless as possible on the eeepc. My
> 900a has never been so happy and responsive, and that experience led me
> to kick Ubuntu off of my desktop PC as well.

I'm glad your experience has been so positive!  Thanks for sharing this
with us.

> That said, I know there's always room for improvement on these projects,
> so I figure I can give a little back to the one that pulled me into such
> a wonderfully de-bloated OS. I'm competent in C and shell scripting and
> am looking to learn-by-fire just about anything else. I've just
> subscribed to the mailing lists - what else do I need to do to get
> plugged in to this?

Certainly there is a *crying* need to have the inconsistencies and
general messiness of the wiki cleaned up.  So if there's anything you
spotted to get your system working that isn't quite right in the wiki,
plunge right in and make some edits. (Just please don't use the wiki
as a repository for bugs and patches.  That's what the Debian BTS is
for.  There's far too much of that already in our wiki, and that's
part of the mess I'm talking about that needs to be cleaned up.)

Otherwise, I'll echo what Damyan said about submitting patches.  Also,
I'll underscore that the project is all about making Debian work well on
the Eee PC, which is a pretty broad target, so if there is anything at
all in any package you use, not just the Eee-specific ones that suffers
on the Eee (say, for example, a hardwired minimum window size that is
too small to fit your display) then go ahead and file bugs/patches
against them.  It would also help if you would read
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/Bugs/About and usertag any bug that
is Eee-related.

 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org