[Debian-eeepc-devel] Re : Should I reinstall from scratch?

Fabien pogzy at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 14 13:42:56 UTC 2009

Hi,

Here is my xorg.conf:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier    "Generic Keyboard"
    Driver        "kbd"
    Option        "XkbRules"    "xorg"
    Option        "XkbModel"    "pc105"
    Option        "XkbLayout"    "fr"
    Option        "XkbVariant"    "latin9"
    Option        "XkbOptions"    "lv3:ralt_switch"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier    "Configured Mouse"
    Driver        "mouse"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier    "Configured Video Device"
    Option        "AccelMethod"    "exa"
    Option        "MigrationHeuristic"    "greedy"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier    "Configured Monitor"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier    "Default Screen"
    Monitor        "Configured Monitor"
EndSection

For the wifi, from the wiki with my comments =>

You can use a kernel backport of the Sid kernels on Lenny.
o Add the following line to your /etc/apt/sources.list:
 deb http://backports.undebian.org/repositories/backports-kernel/ ./
 Add the key: wget -q -O - http://backports.undebian.org/repositories/backports-kernel/archive-key.asc | apt-key add -
=>The last time I tried, eeePC didn't want to access this repo, even the wget fails. My 2.6.29 kernel comes from regular lenny repo.

    * The newer kernels require a new acpid (1.0.8-7 or later) and new eeepc-acpi-scripts (1.1.0-1 or later) from Sid.
=>I've got acpid 1.0.10 and eeepc-acpi-scripts 1.1.1 so it shoub be OK.

    * If you formerly used madwifi and are therefore switching to ath5k, remove madwifi-tools, as it blacklists ath5k.
=>Synaptic claims that madwifi-tools is not installed so it should be OK.

    * The interface name in ath5k is now wlan0, so any config files referencing ath0 need to be changed (e.g. /etc/network/interfaces). Please do not simply add the wlan0 lines and let ath0 remain there, this could give problems. Just rename :D
=>OK, ath0 renammed in wlan0 in /etc/network/interfaces

    * All relevant ethernet chipsets are now supported by the kernel, (except atl1c -- see ../../Model/1005HA for details,) so atl2 users don't need a separate module package anymore.
=>Is there some package to remove?

    * You should remove /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules if it exists.
=>renammed it in .old

=>then reboot, nothing change

In wicd, there is in Advanced Settings WPA Supplicant with a combo on Driver that can be set to wext or atmel or ralink_legacy, I've tried all but it changed nothing, which one has to be set?

I'm living tomorow for one week, so don't be surprise if I don't reply until then, but I will report any advice that could help me.

Regards
Fabien