[Debian-eeepc-devel] Eeepc 1005HA: enabling network

Tim Legg kc0ofc at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 1 20:55:31 UTC 2009

I installed debian (Lenny Stable) using the instructions at:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/Model/1005HA

I used the first standard install CD and chose to upgrade the kernel to version 2.6.31-1-686 via a deb package I had placed on a USB drive.

So I have a kernel which supports the device according to the documentation above, but currently seems to not be enabled.

So here is what the interfaces file looks like:

% cat /etc/network/interfaces

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

Aside from editing this file with an entry for eth0 (for wired) and eth1 (for wireless), where else do edit in order turn use the ethernet card?  Is there a configuration script for helping setup the configuration for the netwrok devices?

Tim Legg