[Debian-eeepc-devel] Super Hybrid Engine on eeepc 901c with kernel 2.6.31-6

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 17 14:24:10 UTC 2009

I demand that Shawn Lamson may or may not have written...

> I recently upgraded from a stock debian kernel to a custom compiled
> 2.6.31-6 in order to resolve the issue with the rt2860 wifi driver locking
> the box on resume from suspend.  I was so satisfied with being able to at
> last put my machine to rest at will, and it so extended it's usability that
> decided to get more aggressive and re-enable the "Super Hybrid Engine"
> feature.
[snip; freeze while on mains]
> I booted it up and noticed that it wouldn't boot all the way, and froze
> where it used to freeze when I had first noticed the "S.H.E." problem
> months ago, prior to disabling that feature in the BIOS (Advanced-> CPU
> Config-> Intel Speed Step tech).

Hmm? Speedstep != S.H.E.

[snip]
> Has anyone else seen this issue?

Some 700-series users. Never before a 901 user or, for that matter, any user
of _any_ Atom-based model (that I know of); my 901's certainly never shown a
problem.

OOI, which BIOS version? (I'm using 2103.)

Your kernel configuration may also be relevant.

[snip]
--
| Darren Salt            | linux at youmustbejoking | nr. Ashington, | Doon
| using Debian GNU/Linux | or ds    ,demon,co,uk    | Northumberland | Army
| + http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/

Don't use contractions in formal writing.