[Debian-eeepc-devel] Super Hybrid Engine on eeepc 901c with kernel 2.6.31-6

Shawn Lamson shawn.lamson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 16:10:35 UTC 2009

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 14:18:13 +0000
Darren Salt <linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk> wrote:

updates:

BIOS 2103 is actually worse... with it on the 2.6.31-6 kernel
now it seems the HyperThreading feature, when enabled in BIOS
and booting up on AC power is a no go.  Already booting up with
Speed-Step enabled and on AC power didn't work.

I tried the stock 2.6.32-trunk-686 kernel and this also would
not boot on AC power with SpeedStep enabled, and it would not
resume from "hibernate" (closing the lid) ... instead I just
get a blinking cursor on a black screen, if I close again, or
hit Alt+Power (saw that one online somewhere) then it briefly
resumes but freezes up right after.

I am attempting to compile a kernel from the 2.6.31-9 source
with the ACPI, I2C, and CPUFREQ built-in instead of as modules.
First attempt didn't work :)  giving me a message such as
"unknown filesystem" and a kernel panic when it tries to access
hd sda(0,1)... i'll keep trying to get the kernel config right.

Shawn

--
Shawn Lamson
shawn.lamson at gmail.com