[Debian-eeepc-devel] eeepc-live prerelease image

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 29 14:59:38 UTC 2009

I demand that Juha Heinanen may or may not have written...

> Darren Salt writes:
>>> looks like /etc/rcS.d/S18eeepc-acpi-scripts is run.  is there a way to
>>> know that the overclocking factor currently is?
>> To know that it's what?

> bios allows me to set overclocking factor from 05% to 30%.  it would be
> nice if it would be possible to check from running linux rather than from
> bios what the current value is.

It seems likely that it's readable and, probably, writeable via some ACPI
mechanism. You'd best talk to the acpi4asus people about this. (Cc'ing
appropriately.)

[For reference: 1101HA. Test image at
 http://people.debian.org/~synrg/debian-eeepc/eeepc-live/binary.img .]

>>> directory /sys/devices/platform/eeepc does not exist,
>> eeepc-laptop not loaded?

> perhaps it wasn't in the test image system.

It's there...

> in lenny it does exist and contains the same number 769.  however, looks
> like the number is not changing when i change the overclocking factor from
> bios.

That's expected; that's only selecting whether it's overclocked, underclocked
or neither.

--
| Darren Salt            | linux at youmustbejoking | nr. Ashington, | Doon
| using Debian GNU/Linux | or ds    ,demon,co,uk    | Northumberland | Army
| + http://www.xine-project.org/

When everything is relative, even relativity loses meaning.